Welcome to another exciting urban adventure that Meaningful Travels Ph has crafted for you!
This time, let us take you to the shoe capital of the Philippines - MARIKINA CITY! Discover its roots, stories and how it has evolved in the modern times while keeping its traditions alive.
2. TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
Explore historical landmarks and learn about the rich heritage of shoemaking
Meet local shoemakers and artists/culture keepers
Check Marikina’s famous kakanins and local delicacies
Get access to good shoe bargain and makers who can customized shoes for you.
3. TOUR TIMELINE AND ACTIVITIES
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Briefing and Introductions at Kapitan Moi's House, ground floor.
9:30 AM - 10:30 NN: Heritage Walk
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Shoe Industry Immersion.
- Get to know Zapateria, a design hub that nurtures young designers while keeping the tradition alive.
- Visit shoe and bagmakers
- Visit leather supply stores
12:00 NN - 1:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM: Debriefing and end of Tour
4. MEETING POINT AND LOCATION
- 9:00 AM in front of Kapitan Moi's House, 793 JP Rizal, Marikina, 1800 Metro Manila
- If you want to enjoy a good breakfast place, you can come early and check Rustic Mornings Cafe.
5. TOUR RATES
1,500 Php (Special Tour Rate applies until further notice. Limited Time Offer)
1,700 Php (Regular Rate)
- Museum Entrance Rates
- Lunch (fish and veggies). Let us know if you have meal preferences.
7. GIVING BACK / COMMUNITY IMPACT
- The main impact this tour aims to deliver is to develop deeper appreciation towards our local artisans and for consumers to patronize Filipino made shoe products, thereby creating sustainable local economies.
- As part of our giving back commitment, a portion of your fees will go to Tulong sa Kapwa Kapatid (https://www.facebook.com/tulongsakapwakapatid) a non-profit organization that supports the education and values formation of the urban rural areas. Check their Facebook page if you like to donate or volunteer directly with this amazing organization.
- For a group booking of at least 15 participants and who wants to do more, we can arrange an additional giving back activity, serving a home-for-the-aged facility. Please message us via email or Facebook of any special arrangement you want for your tour.
8. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND POLICY
a. For cancellations 7 days before the tour date, tour fee is non-refundable but is transferable.
b. Cancellations made more than one week prior to the tour’s start date can be taken as a credit for any other Meaningful Travels Ph tour/trips (no cash refunds), and subjected to a 50% administration charge deduction on amounts already paid.
c. In the most unlikely event of cancellation by Meaningful Travels Ph all fees paid in advance will be refunded in full.
- For those bringing their car with them, you can park at the parking grounds of the Church of our Lady of the Abandoned which is just across our meeting place. If full, there are nearby parking areas you can make use
What to Wear and Bring
- Please wear comfortable clothes and walking footgear. Don't forget to also bring your own water bottle, fan and face towel to keep you cool.
- Just in case it rains, please bring an umbrella also. Tour will proceed in case of light showers as activities are mostly indoors.
- There are really good bargains you can find during this tour, so if you are scheduled to shop for new shoes, have some shopping money in-hand.
10. CONFIRM YOUR TOUR SEATS
To confirm your seats, pay full amount (1,500 Php) to any of the following accounts and send us a copy of your deposit slip via email or Facebook messenger:
Ann Marie D. Cunanan / AMDC Meaningful Travels
BPI Savings Account 1729-1842-99
BDO Savings Account 0049-0013-1574
International payments can be done via Transferwise, Xoom.com or Paypal.
OR click the button below to book online: